Passengers are often injured aboard cruise ships. These injuries can stem from any number of reasons, including preexisting medical conditions, slip-and-fall, and injuries incurred while interacting with the numerous attractions aboard the cruise ship itself.
Over the years, the cruise industry has come under significant criticism for its policy of putting profits over passengers. This practice has resulted in the companies’ customers suffering from a wide variety of onboard injuries, including:
- Severed fingers in cruise ship doors
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Drownings and near drownings
- Cruise ship rape and sexual assault
- Cruise members injured and killed in training drills
- Cruise ship medical malpractice leading to further injury
In addition to the injuries which may be suffered on the cruise ship, a number of passengers are injured and killed every year while on excursion, due to causes such as:
- Violence from locals
- Car crashes
- Sexual assault perpetrated by the tour operators
- Injuries relating to improper safety measures taken by the tour operators
If you, or your loved one, are ever the victim of a cruise related injury, contact our law office immediately to discuss your case and to learn your legal options.