In this video, Jack Hickey of Hickey Law Firm, P.A. discusses why you should hire an attorney to handle your case of cruise ship sexual assault or rape. In some cases, cruise companies, their attorneys, or their insurance companies will attempt to persuade victims of cruise ship attacks to sign away their rights or settle their claims for less than the true value.
If you are ever the victim of a cruise ship sexual assault or rape, be sure to follow these steps:
- Ensure that you immediately seek medical treatment.
- Have a rape kit performed before using the restroom or washing.
- Call the FBI and report the case. The cruise company should help you place the call, but do not let them speak on your behalf.
- Save all evidence relating to the attack, including torn clothing, etc.
- Take down the names, phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses of all witnesses.
- When you get back to shore, seek counseling and call us for further assistance.