- In recent years over 200 people have gone missing from cruise ships.
- Many of these incidences have occurred under mysterious circumstances.
- In this blog we take a look at some steps you can take to avoid being a victim.
Over the past several months numerous cruise ship passengers have been reported missing, seemingly going overboard without explanation. In cases of cruise ship over boards and disappearances it is quite common for the cruise lines to claim that passengers intentionally jumped or threw themselves from the ships. Though these explanations are usually unsatisfactory, especially to the loved ones of the victims, it is often difficult to determine exactly what happened to passengers who disappeared from cruise ships.
Below we will take a look at some steps you can take in order to ensure that you and your loved ones do not become the next victims in this unfortunate series of tragedies.
- Stay off of cruise ship railings - Though this advice may seem to be painfully obvious, there have been numerous cases in which people have climbed up onto cruise ship railings in order to show off for friends, get a better look at the view, and for other reasons which may not be fully known. But needless to say, when climbing up along railings you take a significant risk of falling overboard.
- Report any threats of violence to cruise ship officials immediately - A number of cruise ship over boards and disappearances occur under mysterious circumstances. It is not uncommon for witnesses to describe arguments or confrontations, and even mysterious bloodstains in conjunction with passengers who go missing. If you are ever threatened by another passenger, or even your loved one, it may be a good idea to report such incidences to cruise ship personnel.
- Avoid drinking too much – A number of cruise ship over boards and disappearances have been connected, at least nominally, to alcohol consumption. Cruise ships offer passengers alcohol at nearly every turn and it can be hard to say no. However, it is best to drink in moderation aboard cruise ships, and to know your limits. Not only will this help you enjoy your cruise more, but it may help you stay out of dangerous situations while aboard the vessels.