While it is not always possible to prevent an accident on a cruise ship, there are certain steps you can take to help protect you and your family. But what, exactly, should you do to help prevent injury-causing accidents?
The attorneys at Hickey Law Firm understand the consequences of an accident sustained while on a cruise ship. Many incidents caused by crewmember negligence can lead to life-altering injuries. It's important to know you have rights, and that our cruise ship attorneys can help fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
If you're in the Miami area and would like to learn more about how our cruise ship accident attorneys can help you with your case, give our office a call at (855) 757-4200 to schedule your initial consultation.
Preparing for Your Cruise
As you prepare for your cruise vacation, be sure to follow these five simple steps to help increase your safety and the safety of other passengers:
- Pack Smart– When you pack for your trip, include submersible flashlights, a first-aid kit and other daytrip safety items. These things should be brought on excursions as well.
- Identify your assigned lifeboat location– Make sure to ask where lifeboats are before the safety drill. You can ask for this information prior to boarding the ship, and share it with your family and friends.
- Find life vest locations in your cabin– Locate the life vests provided in your cabin. Be sure you are aware of the other life vests available throughout the vessel as well.
- Locate your muster station– Your muster station is where you and your cabin mates meet during an emergency. Locate it before drills are scheduled, and show your family and friends.
- Recognize the ship’s evacuation signal– In the case of an emergency, it's important to recognize the cruise ship's evacuation signal. Seven short horn blasts followed by one long one is the standard. If you hear it, get to your muster station as quickly as possible.
Keep in mind that when an emergency situation unfolds, things may move very quickly and confusion and chaos are likely. Having a clear map of where to go before an incident occurs is key in helping prevent injuries.
However, despite your best efforts, accidents still can and do occur, leading to serious injuries. If you are injured during an incident onboard or during an excursion, an experienced attorney can help you with your case.
How the Cruise Ship Attorneys at Hickey Law Firm can Help
When you choose to work with an experienced maritime lawyer, you can rest assured they know the intricacies that surround your unique case. Hickey Law Firm is no different. Our attorneys have decades of combined experience that we will put to work for you and your family.
Not only will we take on the cruise lines and cruise ship owners on your behalf, we will ensure that safety standards are implemented so what happened to you won't happen to another passenger or crewmember down the road.
Contact Hickey Law Firm
To schedule your initial consultation with our dedicated litigation team, give our office a call at (855) 757-4200. We are proud to serve clients in Miami, South Florida and all around the globe.